Triple Berry Cream Cake Pie
* 1 (9 inch) ready-made pie crusts
* 5 -6 cups fresh berries (I used raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
* 1 cup fruit juice (I used a combination of homemade blackberry syrup, and the juice from some local strawberries we had)
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 (1/3 ounce) packet red glaze mix
* 4 tablespoons cornstarch
* 3 -5 tablespoons cold water
* 1 - 3.4 oz French vanilla pudding mix
* 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
* fresh raspberry jam, for garnish
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins + chill time
1. Pre-bake pie shell according to package directions for a single-crust pudding pie. Remove from oven.
2. Put juice and sugar in saucepan and heat on medium stirring frequently. While this mixture is heating, make a slurry with the cornstarch, red glaze mix, and cold water. ONLY use as much water as you need to make the slurry pourable and not thick. When the juice and sugar is simmering and the sugar has dissolved completely, slowly stir in corn starch mixture and stir continually. When mixture is fully thickened it will be not quite pudding consistency, but not really pourable either. Mix fresh berries gently into thickened liquids. Scoop gently into pie crust and chill at least 3 hours, or until cooled completely.
3. Put softened cream cheese in medium sized mixer bowl. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. SLOWLY add in milk and mix well so that it fully incorporates into the cream cheese. When all of the milk is mixed in well and the mixture is smooth, add in pudding mix and mix according to package directions.
4. Place pudding mixture into large gallon sized baggie and chill one hour. When fully chilled, snip a corner of the tip and pipe onto the pie in a lattice pattern, if you are feeling creative, or however you'd like if you are not! Garnish with little dollops of raspberry jam if you want to, then cut into and enjoy!
(this recipe is also posted, by me, @ food.com)