Friday, September 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies, or CCC, my way.

This makes a huge batch. HUGE. At least 3 dozen, depending on how big you make them. They are delicious. Perfectly chewy and crisp just enough to leave you wanting more. A lot more. I think I ate a dozen, which is why I don't make these very often!

Around here this week shall be now known as "The Week of Many Calories". For dinner this week we had: Chicken Marsala (butter, butter, and MORE butter in that one!), Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, home-made corn dogs with onion rings, Surf & Turf (steak and scampi) with scratch copycat cheddar bay biscuits, and creamy wild rice chicken soup, and spaghetti with meat sauce. I feel bigger just reading that.

We aren't calorie-counters around here...yet...but I usually don't cook like that so MANY times in one week. I didn't even mention the CCC and the Caramello cake.

So here is the recipe for my CCC. I've made a ton of different CCC recipes, and once I made this one I knew this was it. My search is over. Done. Make these tomorrow!

CCC

3 sticks butter
2 1/2 c packed dark brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
2 lg eggs

2 egg yolks
2 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
2 c bread flour
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 c milk chocolate chips

P9151291

1. Cream butter and sugars in a stand mixer until light, fluffy, and creamy, about 4-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix.

P9151296


Sift together all dry ingredients and slowly add to the batter mixing on low while doing so. When well combined, mix in chocolate chips.

2. Put all cookie dough into fridge for at least 4 hours. 24 is better, but 4 will do in a pinch.

P9151327

Take out and roll lightly into 1" balls, place on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil, bake at 325 for 10-13 minutes. Take out when the outside edges are JUST starting to brown for a softer, chewier cookie. Leave in another minute or so if you like them a bit crunchier.

1 comment:

Question? Concern? Criticism? Reviews? Links? Love? Hate? Friend? Foe? Leave it all here. ;)

Disqus for The Pioneer Cookerella