Wednesday, October 27, 2010

*Yawn*...TPC's Chicken Guac Tacos

Its almost 1am, and I'm still up. I worked a serving shift tonight, the last few hours of which were crazy busy. I'm always so keyed up after a busy night waiting tables that this is what I'm left with.

Can't watch tv because it'll disturb Mr. Cooker. Can't find the headphones so I can't lull myself to sleep with some Prison Break, season 1, via Netflix. Can't blog because I forgot all THREE of my recipe notebooks at work tonight! LAME! LAME! LAME! Wait now, wait. Can't blog? Oh yes I can!

So tonight I'm bringing you this...


My very favorite chicken guac tacos. And then I'm going to bed. ;)


Start out with 3 or 4 ripe avocados. It helps to have varying stages of ripeness, with one being really extra ripe, one in the middle, and one just BARELY ripe. My sister-in-law Mandie let me in on this little secret to heavenly guacamole. It really helps the texture to be less 'baby food', more 'best dip ever'.

Next chop up a tomato or two, a handful of cilantro, and a few TBSP of onion, if you are brave and love the raw onion stuff. I'm not that into it so I usually leave it out. Cooked onion, awesome, raw? Not so much. Mr. Cooker tells me someday raw onion will be to me like these avocados are now (did you know I had never tried an avocado, or guacamole, until a year or two ago?? CRAZY!). I don't believe him.

Mix up your tomato and cilantro, shake in a few drops of Tapatio, and squeeze in some lime juice. Mix together and let sit while you are prepping your avocados.

Doing the avocados is simple. If you've never done it there is an awesome picture tutorial here. Once you have them pitted, peeled, and diced, mash them with a fork until it reaches your desired consistency. I like chunky guacamole, so I leave some good sized chunks in it! Stir in the tomato mixture, add salt to taste, and you've just made yourself the best party host ever.

Sometimes I can keep myself contained enough to leave some of this magical stuff for the actual meal. When I do, this is what you can make. The chicken guac tac. The chicken was quickly sauteed and seasoned with cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add shredded lettuce, fresh tomato, your favorite salsa, and a big heaping spoonful of the guacamole and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Question? Concern? Criticism? Reviews? Links? Love? Hate? Friend? Foe? Leave it all here. ;)

Disqus for The Pioneer Cookerella