Saturday, November 6, 2010

Exciting times!





Its exciting times in the Cookerella home these days. I have never been busier, and things have been pretty stressful, but for the first time ever I'm doing something I love doing, and getting PAID for it. PAID! Real money! What a concept, huh? Now I'm having not just ONE paying cooking job, but TWO. Can you believe it? If I actually remember to keep my camera charged and WITH me, that might actually mean a lot more real posts too. I haven't been posting much lately because I haven't really been cooking at home lately. I haven't even really been HOME lately.

I'm very thankful that in this season that God has me, which is requiring me to step outside my comfort zone, He's providing a way for me to earn money for our family doing something that I enjoy. He's providing me the energy and the stamina to continue on doing so while having 2, 3, and soon to be 4 jobs (although technically three of them will be at the same physical location!). Let me tell you, friends, family, and blog readers, just what my weeks will look like in the next few weeks.

  • Monday - All day work shopping, cooking, and meal planning for a local client. 
  • Tuesday - Bake and cook at local restaurant from 12 or 1 to 5pm, the wait tables from 5pm until 9ish.
  • Wednesday - Prepare the house and the heart for youth group @ our house Wednesday evening.
  • Thursday - More cooking and some shopping for local client.
  • Friday - 5pm - 9ish waiting tables
  • Saturday - OFF!! Unless I pick up a shift waiting tables, or didn't finish my cooking for local client.
  • Sunday - Church in the morning, karaoke in the evening starting November 21st out at the same restaurant I'm waiting tables at and will be baking for.

That is a busy week for someone whose calendar used to say "Open" all day, every day, and has four little tiny kids. In between sleep and work I also still have to keep up with all that needs to be done around the home front. Mr. Cooker has been amazing stepping up his game and adapting to his new temporart season in life as well, but running this house is definitely a two person job.

I'm tired just thinking about all that. Good thing I get an extra hour of sleep tonight! I am praying tonight that whatever is being taught to me I'm learning well, and that I'm not making these lessons harder than they need to be. We're both going to be so glad when things go back to 'normal' again, but let us be content right where we are at as well.

4 comments:

  1. oh wow!!! what a schedule! i need a nap after reading it! i will be praying for you! you are more than a conqueror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy schedule! You're never given more than you can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Nicole! The people you're working for are blessed to have you! Lucky them for getting to enjoy your cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way that the Lord provides for our needs in a variety of ways.

    Looks like challenging times ahead and you know that challenges create perseverence.

    All the best and my your heart be filled with Joy
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Question? Concern? Criticism? Reviews? Links? Love? Hate? Friend? Foe? Leave it all here. ;)

Disqus for The Pioneer Cookerella