Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My very first "Works for me Wednesday"/ Cleaning your microwave

works for me wednesday at we are that family

I have spent way too much time in my short life cleaning microwaves. Or maybe not nearly enough judging by the average state of my microwave in the past 11 years since I've been out in the big world! That's until I discovered this fast, easy, and perfect method. It requires NO special cleaning tools, NO special cleaning solutions, and almost NO elbow grease. That is my perfect cleaning situation. Its so simple, I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, and its something everyone else has probably known for all of eternity, but I'll share it with you anyway just in case you are a little, ahhh...slow...like me.


  1. Take a dish rag, or a sponge, or any other cleaning cloth you use in your kitchen normally. Wet it down. I usually use hot soapy water from hand-washing dishes, but you can just wet it down under the faucet if you want. 
  2. Place sopping wet rag/sponge/cloth into microwave.
  3. Put 2:30 - 3:00 on the microwave
  4. Push start
  5. Walk away for 30-40 minutes
  6. Open microwave
  7. Grab cooled off rag/sponge/cloth
  8. Easily, with almost no effort, wipe out all the gook. 
  9. You are done, can you believe I broke that down into eight steps?
  10. No? How about 10?
So there it is. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Question? Concern? Criticism? Reviews? Links? Love? Hate? Friend? Foe? Leave it all here. ;)

Disqus for The Pioneer Cookerella