Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let me introduce myself...

I'm Nicole. The very busy, neglectful blog owner with very high expectations but very little time. I think, starting this, I underestimated the time needed to properly maintain it the way I was envisioning. So, from here on out, I'm just going to let go of all of those expectations and go with it. When I have time to post, I'll post. When I don't, I'm not going to let it stress me out! This is a fun hobby for me, not a source of stress. Its amazing the things I can let occupy my mind when other, higher priority things are waiting for my attention. Its because this is fun. I like blogging. I like community. I like making new friends, meeting new people, finding new recipes, and sharing my own, but I like taking care of my responsibilities to my God and my family more!


The problem is I started this blog in July when my job was staying at home with my kids, and though being a full time at home parent is a very demanding job, it still leaves some spare time for other ventures. 


Speaking of my family, let me introduce you to the other members of it!



This is my husband, Jeremiah, on our 7th wedding anniversary! We went out for dinner, something we only do once or twice a year, and instead of our normal Red Lobster dinner out (because he loves me and knows I am a sucker for Cheddar Bay Biscuits and an Ultimate Feast!), we did something new and went to Anthony's. Delicious. I've started just letting him order for me because he is an expert. Whenever I don't, I always wish I was eating what he had or that I had ordered what he suggested! My love of cooking was born from my love of him. He teaches me. He inspires me.

 Daniel, 6.5 years old, in his first year of school this year and loving every minute of it! Loves silly bandz (why didn't I think of that!), Transformers, and riding bike. He loves being the leader of the pack, and has a very kind heart. Favorite food is pizza, cheese only. He's gradually being more open to trying new things, but its been a rough few years of picky eating for this kid. My own little food snob, who often embarrasses me by asking other people, "Is this home made?"



 


Isaiah, 5 year old!! Hates smiling for pictures, loves monster trucks, coloring, and playing Super Mario Bros Wii.  He is my child with allergies to soy, white fish, peanuts, and eggs. Currently he tolerates baked in eggs well. We're planning on doing further testing for shellfish and other types of seafood. Isaiah is such a kind boy to his brothers. He really considers other people's feelings and takes action to help them or make them feel better. My only salad eater thus far, he loves his veggies! He's so good about his allergies, and has a great attitude about it. I've been so proud of the way he's handled that challenge at such a young age.


Elijah is 3 years old and loves the DSi more than anything else at the moment. We limit his playing time, but that child loves that thing all the same. Does not like being too cold, or too wet, unless its summer and he's playing in the mud or the outside faucets. Loves potty talking, and playing catch. He is very silly and makes us laugh all the time. His favorite food is Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I have to get a video of him singing his mac-n-cheese song. Stinking adorable.


Here is our latest addition, Caleb, almost 1.5 years old already! Our biggest, and most rough-and-tumble child yet. He is nearly as big as Elijah, and doesn't realize he is a baby and can't quite keep up with the big guys yet! My husband has dubbed him "Moofungo".  I have no idea where that one came from but somehow, it fits. He is a basher and we love him to pieces. One second he will be throwing himself on the floor in a tantrum, and the next showering any brother that will let him with kisses. Caleb will eat nearly anything, but his favorite food at the moment seems to be crayons, much as we try and hide them.



So back in July life was much more...relaxing. Then life changed and God led us in a new direction. I went back to work at a few different jobs, and my time has been shifting between work and home, a transition that has left little time for blogging, or laundry, or 'me' time (HAHA!), or HIM time, and most importantly, US time. I'm thankful for the opportunity to see what its like on the other side of the coin. My three jobs only amount to part time, even on my busiest week, so I can only imagine the toll of the demands that a full-time job, part time job, husband, father to 4, protector, and knight in shining armor must take on my awesomely adaptive husband. I'm so blessed to have him in my life for NINE years now, and have him as my husband for seven! He's been a rock star with the kids the last few months, and our whole household has benefited from it.


So, family, friends, blog friends, board friends, all friends, I will post when I can, and update when I'm able, and hopefully when the Lord decides to change our course again I can come back to this refreshed, renewed, and with lots of new recipes in the book to share with you all!


Like this one, that I've been making lately especially for Roadhouse on the Hill, in Key Center, WA, and for my father-in-law now and then, because he loves it and we love him!



2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the same thing right now. I have these great ideas, but don't always have the time to do them. Balance is hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking family!
    I think blogging is supposed to be fun, but it can definitely eat up a lot of time. Posting what you can when you can makes sense to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Question? Concern? Criticism? Reviews? Links? Love? Hate? Friend? Foe? Leave it all here. ;)

Disqus for The Pioneer Cookerella