Saturday, December 18, 2010

Things I am going to make in the next week...

Its a busy week around here, and I'm sure its a busy week where ever you happen to be too. I'm happy to say that the vast majority of my Christmas shopping is done. I now just have to wait on shipping! Its a nerve wracking process, wondering whether they will get here on time. I've never really done this much Christmas shopping online before, but I definitely enjoy it. I can shop, price compare, order, and all from my pj's on my couch. No crazy cranky crowds to fight. One more actual in-store shopping day and I'll be DONE. DONE DONE DONE. Except for the cooking. And the cleaning. And the wrapping. And the cleaning. Did I mention the cleaning? I love Christmas.


This week is going to so full. Monday is my shopping day. Tuesday I work. Wednesday I am making a few pans of homemade caramels, some to wrap up, some to make into homemade Turtles. I'm also going to do these Oreo Truffles that we very popular last year, I hear, in the blogosphere. I am in love with this blog that I just linked to three times, that I just found today. Its called The Sisters Cafe, and its amazing. I can't wait until I have some time to browse through it some more.

Thursday is my official "cookie day" with my awesome sister-in-law, Jen. I'm making a massive amount of sugar cookies for the herds of small children that will be running around to decorate. I'm making turtle tassies from The Girl Who Are Everything, another of my favorite blogs. I'm also making Hazlenut crusted caramel thumbprints, adapted from Tracey's Culinary Adventure. Can you tell I'm on a chocolate/caramel kick? Better to just roll with it than fight it and have to choose, right?

We're also making Russian Tea Cakes, Melting Moments, and Spritz cookies (both recipes have me wishing for a digital kitchen scale, or wondering how to convert grams to measurements I'm familiar with! Can you help?). By special request from my awesome husband, we are also making The Busty Baker's Kiss Cookies. I'm sure Jen will have a few more too! It'll be a long day of baking, but I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. The Sister's Cafe is one of my favorite blogs too! I haven't tried a recipe from them that I didn't LOVE! Have a great time on your baking day :)

    ReplyDelete

Question? Concern? Criticism? Reviews? Links? Love? Hate? Friend? Foe? Leave it all here. ;)

Disqus for The Pioneer Cookerella